Friday, May 29, 2015

Fruitilicious Summer Bonanza

Hello people! I will not be asking you how the day is treating you since I know that the heat wave is nicely grilling us all. Anyway, my dear laptop is in a state of injury and will take some time to recuperate which is why I am writing this post from my phone today. 

I am sure you all are taking the best measures to beat the summer heat (read: drinking lots of liquids, applying sunscreen, carrying an umbrella and the list goes on). In this post I will share with you a smoothie recipe that will be a perfect drink to kickstart a hot morning. I prepared it the other day and I am not lying when I say that it was amazingly refreshing, yummy and best of all filling. 

It is super nutritious. The kids will have it happily without making any faces. 
All you need to do is gather some fruit, yoghurt and milk. 

I called this smoothie “ SUMMER BONANZA”. It gave just the perfect fruity taste.



INGREDIENTS (serves 3 glasses)
1 mango
8 strawberries
1 banana
2 bowls of yoghurt
½ cup milk
3 tbsp sugar 
Ice cubes 

RECIPE
Cut mango into dices, cut banana into four chunks and remove the leaves of the strawberries.

Put the fruits in a blender. Add yoghurt, milk and sugar and blend them all well. 

Crush ice and then add to the blender. Blend again. 

Pour the smoothie into a tall glass. Decorate the glass with a fresh strawberry, sit back and enjoy your drink.

Now isn't this easy to prepare? You can add kiwi and other fruits that you like. You can also add some chopped nuts to  add a different texture to your drink.

I hope you enjoy making this and enjoy sipping on it even more 😊.



2 comments: