Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Valentine's Special

Hola folks!!

Happy Valentine’s Day!!

Don’t worry I am not going to bore you with the history behind this day since the news channels are doing that job pretty well already.

As I was humming the song ‘dil diyan gallan’ that was playing on the radio this morning, I pondered on the concept of love.  I got quite philosophical. We have grown up watching movies like Kuch Kuch Hota Hai that preached the idea of one love in a lifetime.  Remember the famous dialogue Hum ek baar jeete hai, ek baar marte hai, shaadi bhi ek baar hoti hai ... aur pyar ek baar hi hota hai”?
Now in 2018, as I am about to taste the dirty thirty I am almost laughing at the idea (yes I just revealed my age and I feel no shame). Don’t take me wrong. Looking at the increasing number of divorces the idea of one marriage definitely feels like a torn and tattered piece of cloth being used as a dust cloth. Leaving this topic’s discussion for some other time, it is just that the concept of love has evolved so much in the recent years.
When we were younger the death of a relationship meant apocalypse. It felt like the world has come to an end, as if someone just pushed us from a cliff to fall flat on the ground to never wake up. But hello! That’s not true because the notion of one love exists only in movies. In real life we fall in love not once, not twice but again and again because we are human; we are social animals!
We learn from one failed relationship and a little more from another failed one till we find our soul mates. It is not that we didn’t love the ones we were earlier with, ofcourse we did! It is just that the love was not strong enough to make it to the finishing line of life.
What I am trying to tell you all here is that do not shy away from falling in love. It is a beautiful feeling. If it doesn’t work once doesn’t mean it will never work again. This goes especially for our youth who often believes in the myth of one love and resort to stupid ideas if things do not work out. This is not reel life, this is real life and we learn from our mistakes, our failed relationships and we find our way to love yet again. “kyunki, yeh dil hai nadaan, aur pyaar ho jaata hai baar baar”. Well I just made up that line. It’s not too bad right? Ok it sucks (eyes rolling).
Anyway on this day of love (though I feel one should express love everyday), if you are feeling sullen from a broken relationship, just shed that feeling off, get up and celebrate love; express it. Be brave to rise in love yet again. And you don’t necessarily need a partner to express love.
Love in the recent times has found a different definition. Treat yourself or go on a date with your parents or grandparents. Give love to your siblings and your children. I just kissed my little bundle of love sleeping all cozily wrapped in a blanket next to me.
I am not sure how much of my philosophy will make sense to you. May be you take it as gibberish.
But all I want to say is “Just be brave to love and you will be surprised to have found it in abundance!”


Happy Valentines Day once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment