Monday, August 7, 2017

Wholewheat Pancakes

I just had wholewheat pancakes for breakfast yesterday. And as soon as I posted it on my Instagram page I started receiving a lot of messages asking for the recipe.

So here you go folks. Wholewheat pancakes are easy to make. You can hand these to your kids without giving a thought. They look inviting and taste even better. Believe me I have had pancakes at many places but these home cooked wholewheat ones give them all a tough competition.


This is how I ate my pancakes




This is how my sis-in-law had the pancakes.


INGREDIENTS (makes 6 mini pancakes)

2 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 egg
4 tbsp wholewheat flour (atta)
8 tbsp milk
A drop of vanilla essence

RECIPE

Put ghee in a bowl. Add sugar to it and whisk.

Add the egg to the mixture and whisk again.

Add 1 tbsp of flour with 2 tbsp of milk and whisk. Now add another 1 tbsp of flour and 3 tbsp of milk. Whisk again.

Finally add the remaining flour and the remaining milk and give a good whisk.

Add vanilla essence and stir. The batter now should not be to thick nor too runny.

Heat the pan. Make sure the pan is nicely hot.

Pour the batter with a ladle onto the pan. Let the pancake bubble and cook from side.

Flip the pancake and cook the other side.




Transfer them to a plate.

Serve hot.


SERVING TIPS

You can have these pancakes with peanut butter and jam like I do.

If you are a chocolate lover you can go crazy with Nutella and Hersheys topped with nuts!

And if you are serving these to kids and toddlers you can use honey or maple syrup with banana slices or a seasonal fruit like strawberry.




1 comment:

  1. That is an extremely smart written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.

    ReplyDelete