Sunday, July 13, 2014

Homemade Eggless Vanilla Cookies

Hi there. So I am back after quite sometime. But let me tell you I had my reasons. I had taken a small escape to Mumbai with friends and we had a good good time. I remember posting a series about my Mumbai trip last year. Anyway this post is not about Mumbai though I will share some pictures with you towards the end of this post. 

This post is about professional looking home baked vanilla cookies that too eggless.

So this Saturday while I was getting ready for work, my boss a.k.a my dear husband granted me the luxury of taking the day off. Since I had ample of time on my hands and I had not baked anything in a while I decided to bake my family some fresh vanilla cookies. 

They are super easy to make. And everyone from the kids to the elderly will love to gorge on 
 them. 

                         A FEW STAGES FROM THE PROCESS



The dry mix (maida-baking soda-salt)


The wet mix (Butter-White sugar-Brown sugar-Vanilla Extract)
The Chopped Chocolate Chunks
And they are getting baked
Tadaaaa! They are ready!!!!


To get your set of these yummy cookies you will need the following:

INGREDIENTS ( makes 18 medium size cookies)

1.5 cups of all purpose flour (maida)
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup granulated white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
A small bar of vanilla flavoured white chocolate
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract 
3/4 tbsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp milk

RECIPE

Preheat the oven at 180 degree Celsius.

In a bowl sift together maida, baking soda and salt. Keep it aside.

Put room temperature butter in a bowl. Add to it the white and the brown sugar and whisk it till it becomes creamy and fluffy.

Add vanilla extract to the butter mixture and mix well. 

Now add the maida mix to the butter mix and bring it all together. Add milk to it and mix again. Use hands if needed. 

Now chop some vanilla flavoured white chocolate into small chunks and add it to the mix. 

Give it one good final mix. Knead it into a dough. 

Divide the dough into small balls and flatten them into discs. Prick each disc with a fork and garnish with a small chunk of chocolate.

Now take an oven tray and butter it lightly. Place the discs onto the tray leaving some space between each cookie as they will grow big in size once baked.

Put the tray into the oven and bake the cookies for 15 minutes at 180 degree Celsius. Take the lot out and leave it on a rack to cool. Place another lot and repeat the process.

Your set of cookies is ready! Enjoy :)

Note:

If the electricity plays a bad sport cover the dough with a cling foil and keep it in the refrigerator. Take it out half an hour before you plan to bake them. 

Adjust the sugar as per your liking. Do a taste test before you start making the balls.

If you do not have vanilla flavoured chocolate just use a simple white milk chocolate bar like MILKY BAR.

You can have these cookies with tea, coffee or just plain milk. You can crumble them over your scoop of favourite ice cream or custard to add some crunch and flavour to the dessert.

P.S.: I hope you guys missed me :p

                                        MUMBAI SHOTS
Marine Drive

The most adorable baggi i have seen till date
With the Gang at the Leoplold Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment